Among other things, you’ll learn how to:
- select and prepare appropriate construction contracts for low-rise construction projects
- establish the estimated costs of acquiring materials and labour on construction sites
- plan on-site activities, including employing resources and developing documentation and advice for relevant authorities concerning residential and commercial projects
- read and interpret plans and specifications for low-rise residential and commercial projects covering estimation, planning and supervisory activities
- manage finances for a small business
- conduct an OHS risk analysis, including inspecting workplaces for hazards
Problem-based learning is utilised throughout the program, enabling you to gain practical knowledge and skills.
Total Units: 16
- Apply Building Codes and Standards to the Construction Process for Low Rise Building Projects
- Manage Occupational Health and Safety in the Building and Construction Workplace
- Select and Prepare a Construction Contract
- Identify and Produce Estimated Costs for Building and Construction Projects
- Produce Labour and Material Schedules for Ordering
- Select, Produce and Store Construction Materials for Low Rise Projects
- Plan Building or Construction Work
- Construct On-Site Supervision of Building and Construction Projects
- applying structural principles to residential and commercial low rise constructions
Support & Delivery
When you study with TN Construction Services, you can:
- Study from anywhere, when it suits you best.
- Graduate with the identical qualification as an on-campus student.
- Get comprehensive support from the assessor via phone, skype and email.
- Interact with the assessor and fellow students via platforms like virtual webinars and video calls.
Courses can also be referred to as distance education. Some hard-copy course materials and assessments may be accessed or submitted via post.